Royal Mail Group Limited ("We") know that your privacy is very important to you. We make it our business for it to be as important to us.
What information we collect
We may collect the following types of information about you:
- Your name, your email address and other contact details that you provide to us from time to time.
- Your company’s name, your position in the company, the company’s address and telephone number.
- Your payment information such as bank account details.
- Your use of our website (please see the section below headed “Cookies”).
- Information that you provide when filling in forms or when you contact us directly.
Why we collect information about you
The reasons that we collect information about you are:
- To provide you with services that you may request including but not limited to your Simple Ways to Grow package.
- To enhance or improve your experience on our website and/or with us generally.
- To provide you with information about Simple Ways to Grow products and services that we believe will be of interest to you (please see the sections below headed “Who sees your information” and “Important information about opting-out”).
- To keep your information secure. To minimise the risk of unauthorised access to your information, we may use some of your information to authenticate you when using the website and/or our customer helpline.
How we collect information about you
We collect information from you in the following ways:
- Directly from you. Sometimes we'll ask you for information about yourself, for example in your order form when you make a purchase on our website, or if you contact our customer helpline.
- From third parties. We may ask for information about you from third parties, for example when we get authorisation for a direct debit arrangement.
Who sees your information?
information we collect will be used within the Royal Mail group of companies.
Click here for a current list of those companies. Exactly who sees
your information depends on the context in which you provided it and the
purpose for which it is being used (please see the section above headed “Why we
collect information about you”).
Where do we store and process your information?
How long do we keep your information?
How long we keep your information depends on the context in which you provided it and the purposes for which we use it. We will only retain information for as long as is necessary for such purposes.
- We will keep your information that is necessary for us to provide you with your Simple Ways to Grow package for as long as it takes us to provide you with that service.
- We will keep your contact details for marketing purposes for as long as we have your consent for: (i) us to send you marketing information about our products and services by you not opting-out of receiving this marketing information; and/or (ii) third parties to provide you with information about products and services that may be of interest to by you opting-in to receiving this marketing information.
- We will keep records of any transactions you enter into for up to six years. This is so that we can respond to any complaints or disputes that arise in that period.
- We will keep other information about you if it is necessary for us to do so to comply with the law or to protect our own or other persons’ interests.
Important information about opting-out
By registering with this website you give us your consent to receive marketing information from us by email in connection with Simple Ways to Grow products and services..
You can change your mind and remove or add your consent (or find out what information about you we hold) at any time by contacting us in writing at:
Information Rights Team
(Data Protection Act)
Royal Mail Sheffield
Tel: 0114 241 4217
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as we are reasonably able to do so.
Please note that accepting cookies is a condition of using this website. You can find information about the types of cookies that are used on this website and the purposes for which we use them in our Cookies Policy.
Links to other sites
This website includes links to other sites. We make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but we're not responsible for their privacy practices or, site content, or the services they offer.
If you call our customer helpline, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
How to complain
If you are not happy with the way in which your personal information is being handled by Royal Mail Group Limited you can complain to the Information Commissioner at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Notification of changes
Last updated: May 2012